There are five major outputs which this flagship will deliver:
- Omics data services. Develop and operate reusable cloud based data services for omics. These will be targeted at pathogen (and primarily bacterial) omics data, and the BPA BPA ABRPI project, but usable by other omics researchers and extensible to other data types in future.
- Reference datasets. Publish open reference datasets that are of national and international use and interest. This will consist of where appropriate raw datasets direct from instrument, genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolomic primary datasets, as well as processed and annotated secondary and tertiary data products.
- Reproducible research. Implement reproducible pipelines and protocols developed by omics experts, published within the data services platform.
- Training and education. Training materials which support the use of cloudbased eResearch infrastructure for multiomics analysis. This will include exemplar workflows or services for omics raw data processing, for omics platform specific data analysis (e.g. assembly, identification, quantification, annotation) and for integrative multiomics data analysis and visualisation. There is strong demand for this training material from EMBL-ABR, the RDS A1.2 Life Science Data Services project, and the broader research community.
- International collaboration and data sharing. A design and prototype implementation of how Australian and EU reference pathogen datasets can be exchanged and federated.
The Project has been broken down into ten milestones and streams of activity as per below. Please click on a milestone to find out more detailed information.
Data Ingest 100%
Project Closure 95%