The DMP or Data Management Platform is the platform (constructed with the DaRIS/Mediaflux platform) which will hold the datasets being generated by the BPA project. Using a specialised web-based portal, a user will be able to query the data and then send that queried data to GenomeSpace. Several characteristics define the DMP:
- A structured queryable data model to organise the data
- A structured set of meta-data, compatible with international standards in holding and submitting -omic datasets to international repositories (see https://www.embl-abr.org.au/sepsis-project/);
- A highly curated reference dataset. This will initially include the SEPSIS raw data and subsequently derived secondary and tertiary data outputs including assembled genomes, lists of metabolites and peptides from metabolomics and proteomics streams, transcript count summaries from differential gene expression analyses;
- Authenticated users (AAF supported) will gain access to the data according to their role (only project staff will have write access). The DMP is not suitable or intended for general read-write data storage, but rather exposing high value structured reference datasets;
- Data-set centric: the DMP is not designed as a user environment, but as a repository.
- A specialised web-based portal to enable the query of data and then despatch to end points
- The meta-data can be customised to other projects
- The choice of queryable meta-data is customizable
- The DMP can inter-operate in many ways
- Send data to GenomeSpace
- Send data to other end points (e.g. an scp server, user’s desktop computer)
- Present the results of queries natively via protocols such as SMB (future)
Essentially the DMP can be considered to be fulfilling the role of a curated national omics data repository – highly reliable, highly structured, highly curated, designed for high value reference datasets.
 The data (and analysis) components strongly leverage national infrastructure investments such as RDSI (storage), RDS (middleware operations) and NeCTAR (research cloud).